YOU ARE FULL OF IT!?
Aug 15, 2019
We are exposed to 6 million pounds of Mercury and 2.5 billion pounds other toxic chemicals each year.
According to Dr. Mark Hyman, eighty thousand toxic chemicals have been released into our environment since the dawn of the industrial revolution, and very few have been tested for their long-term impact on human health. And let me tell you, the results aren’t pretty for those that have been tested …
How can we not be affected by this massive amount of poison?
According to the nonprofit organization Environmental Working Group, the average newborn baby has 287 known toxins in his or her umbilical cord blood.
If a newborn is exposed to that many toxins, imagine how many you have been exposed to in your life…
Do you think this may be why so many of us are sick and fat today?
The simple truth is that we are living in a sea of toxins and it is destroying our bodies and brains. Ayurveda has recognized the roll of toxins and the toll it takes on our bodies for over 5,ooo years. Ayurveda calls toxins Ama.
The two most important things you need to know to cure disease, create health, and lose weight are:
- The role of nutrition in health and disease.
- The role of toxins and the importance of detoxification in health and disease.
Unfortunately, you probably aren’t going to learn much about them from your doctor. Most physicians today are still hopelessly ignorant in these areas. They were simply never taught about nutrition and detoxification in medical school.
The role of toxins and detoxification in health has been largely ignored by medicine.
Thankfully, scientists and practitioners are starting to recognize its importance in health.The reality is that many of you probably have symptoms of chronic toxicity but don’t realize that you’re toxic.
Ayurveda recognizes three different types of toxins (Ama) :
- Ama : which comes from improper digestion of food and malabsorption into the cells.
- Ama Visha : arises from Ama fermenting in our channels.
- Gara Visha : comes from environmental xenobiotics accumulating in the body.
- Indravajraabhijanya Visha : comes from electromagnetic radiation - yes...some of it is your cell phone!!
The following is a list of the common symptoms of chronic toxicity (Ama buildup). If you suffer from any of the following, detoxifying and completing an Ayurvedic cleanse might be critical for you to get healthy and feel good again:
- Muscle aches
- Joint pain
- Sinus congestion
- Postnasal drip
- Excessive sinus problems
- Foul-smelling stools
- Sleep problems
- Difficulty concentrating
- Food cravings
- Water retention
- Trouble losing weight
- Skin problems
- Canker sores
- Puffy, dark circles under the eyes
- Premenstrual syndrome
- Other menstrual disorders
- Bad breath
But how do you detoxify? And what does that word even mean? Let’s look a little more closely at what detoxification is.
When you hear the word “detox” you might think drug detox or alcohol detox or wheatgrass enemas. That’s not what I am talking about.
I am referring to the science of how our bodies get rid of waste. If waste builds up, we get sick. And the key is to figure out how to enhance your body’s capacity to detoxify and get rid of waste while minimizing your exposure to toxins.
This is so important, because many diseases of our society are actually related to toxicity. Here are some of the diseases you may suffer from if you are toxic:
- Parkinson’s disease
- Alzheimer’s diseaseDementia
- Attention deficit disorder
- Depression and other mood disorders
- Heart disease
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Autoimmune disease
- Food allergies
- Digestive diseases like Crohn’s disease, ulcers, and colitis
- Menstrual problems like heavy bleeding, cramps, PMS, menopausal symptoms, mood changes and hot flashes
With so many conditions on that list, it might seem that everyone is toxic or shall I say, full of ama.
That may be true to differing degrees …
Problems with detoxification form one of the roots of illness–and signify one of the core systems in the body that must be working well for you to be healthy. If you feel lousy, it’s likely you’re toxic.
It is important to understand why we are toxic and how we can detoxify. I will explain how you can detoxify a little later, but first I want to tell you about where toxins come from and how we are overloaded.
To understand toxicity, you must understand the concept of “total load.”
Total load is the total amount of stressors on your system at any one time–it’s like what happens when a glass fills over with water. It takes a certain amount of water to fill the glass and then, after a certain point, you put more in and it overflows.
When our detoxification system is overwhelmed, it gets overloaded. That’s when we start developing symptoms and getting sick, but it may take years of accumulated stress and toxins to get to that point.
Here are some, but not all, of the factors that can contribute to your total toxic load - remember above the different types of Ama? Here is a basic breakdown:
- Exposure to heavy metals like mercury and lead, petrochemicals, residues, pesticides, and fertilizers.
- Food allergies, environmental allergies, molds, and toxins from molds.
- Eating a standard American diet.
- Mental, emotional, and spiritual toxins — isolation, loneliness, anger, jealousy, and hostility, all of which translate into toxins in our system.
- Medications can sometimes be toxins. Often we need medications, but the reality is that most of us are overmedicated and use medications to treat problems for which there are better solutions, such as lifestyle and diet.
- Internal toxins–things like bacteria, fungus, and yeast inside our gut as well as hormonal and metabolic toxins that we need to eliminate.
- Electromagnetic frequencies (EMF's) and radiation emitted by such things as cell phones, computers, X-rays, cell phone towers, and Wi-Fi.
That’s a lot of toxins for our bodies to manage. Is there a wise choice on how to deal with these toxins (Ama buildup)?
Yes there is! Why not consider checking out the Dragonfly 60 Day Transform your Life Program. Annette Broy, Co-Owner of Dragonfly Ayurveda and Yoga Studios is credentialed through The National Ayurvedic Medical Association Certification Board. She is one of only two Certified Ayurvedic Practitioners in Sarasota county. This program is designed to help specifically with this problem. This course will make you feel like a new person. For more information check out our Dragonfly 60 Day Plan Virtual Course and The Dragonfly Membership program. You will be glad you did!
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.